OUR CLEAN SPORT COMMITTMENT
All sporting participants have the right to compete in doping-free sport (Clean Sport).
The StreetVelodrome Series adopts the UK Anti-Doping and World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) position that cheating, including doping, in sport is fundamentally contrary to the spirit of sport, undermining the otherwise positive impact of sport on society.
To this end The StreetVelodrome ProSeries commits to support Clean Sport in the UK in the following ways:
1. The StreetVelodrome ProSeries supports the mission of UK Anti-Doping and WADA in achieving Clean Sport.
2. All athletes are expected to play, train and compete in line with
the spirit of sport, including the anti-doping rules
3. All coaches and athlete support personnel are expected to perform their role in line with the spirit of sport, including the anti-doping rules.
4. The StreetVelodrome ProSeries is committed to supporting the prevention of doping behaviour in the UK in collaboration with other sporting bodies
5. Employed and associated ‘staff’ will not condone, assist or in any way support the use of prohibited substances and methods
(unless permitted by a Therapeutic Use Exemption) in any aspects
of their work.
6. Breaches of this, or any rules/policies referred to in the StreetVelodrome sporting codes of practice/conduct will be acted upon accordingly.
7. All employed and associated staff will be expected to contact UK Anti-Doping should they become aware of an athlete or NGB member using or considering the usage of a prohibited substance or prohibited method. This contact should be done in confidence on the dedicated confidential Report Doping in Sport line.
8. The StreetVelodrome ProSeries will uphold any sanctions placed upon an athlete by UK Anti-Doping or other associated body in accordance with the World Anti-Doping Code.
How we support Clean Sport.
We recognise and accept our role in promoting the clean sport message to prevent the undermining of the otherwise positive impact of sport on society.
The StreetVelodrome ProSeries provides a competitive cycling event developed to provide broad public appeal and to show case cycle sport in particular with an objective to engage with children and young adults through cycle sport and a healthy lifestyle in general.
Though the StreetVelodrome ProSeries is organised and governed by the commercial rights holder independently of the formal structures of UK cycle sport, we are proud of our commitment to encourage and promote cycling as both a sport and a leisure pursuit. Therefore we strongly believe The StreetVelodrome ProSeries, its commercial partners, teams and individual competitors, both elite and amateur, hold a responsibility to ensure the StreetVelodrome ProSeries plays an integral role in the promoting and maintaining of clean sport in the UK.
Our commitment to maintaining a clean sport environment within the UK is reflected in our Core Principle of making our events accessible and relevant to the communities we visit. By which our Community Objective is to encourage and inspire children and young adults to take up the sporting habit of a lifetime whether through cycle sport or other physical activity.
To deliver this objective we will work with our national charity and education partners plus local agencies in providing free coaching and track time experience sessions at each StreetVelodrome ProSeries event aimed specifically for children and young adults. These session will include a UKAD approved anti-doping educational message given as part of our youth engagement programme and to encourage the notion that sporting success is gained through commitment, good training and a balanced nutritional diet.
The StreetVelodrome Company.
If you would like to talk to us about our Clean Sport Committment or our Accessible Cycle Sport Vision please do not hesitate in contacting us by emailing email@example.com.